Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Reveal

So for my faithful readers, I apologize for the cliffhanger, but I did not have the energy to finish the big reveal last night. But since you asked so nicely, I will not make you wait any longer ... TA-DAH!


I. AM. IN. LOVE. I am so happy with how the chairs turned out. Initially, my heart was set on a more traditional style like these from Overstock.


But at $142 for TWO chairs, they better be able to pull themselves out, sit me down and push themselves back in. Since that wasn't going to happen, I knew that there would be no way I could convince my husband that this would be a "good" purchase.

I am glad that I took things into my own hands ("punny", right?). I figured that I didn't have much to lose. First of all, I wasn't crazy about the chairs to begin with and was in the process of looking for replacement chairs at garage sales, thrift stores and Craigslist. So if I totally butchered the chairs, I would look for something else. So why not give it a shot?

Well that is exactly what I did! I invested in the Rust-oleum Comfort Grip spray attachment, Rust-oleum Ultra Cover Primer and Paint.

 

Okay, I know I have raved about Rust-oleum's Ultra Cover Primer and Paint here, but the products are really THAT good. No, I am not being compensated (although I would love a few hundred dollars cans of paint for my positive review). But I want to share my experience with these products and I am sure that there are pieces around your home just waiting for a makeover!

These tools have changed my painting experience so much that I will never do a project without them again. The Comfort Grip has a 2 finger trigger than reduces fatigue. Unlike the typical spray painting method, where I end up with a claw for a hand after 10 minutes, this trigger enabled me to get through the primer and paint on all 4 chairs without batting an eye. I would literally run out of paint before I realized that I needed to stop to change the can. It also provided better control of the trigger so that my coverage was even on the entire chair. And to make things even better, I didn't have to sand the chairs in order for the primer to stick to the chairs! You know how much I despise sanding. Is it really even necessary? Probably, but I try to avoid it at all costs.

Do you have anything around your home that you are eyeing-up for a facelift? When will you "pull the trigger" on the project? I am already dreaming of my next project! (mua-ah-ah)

4 comments:

  1. looks amazing!! i can totally relate to the "claw hand" when spray painting, and i am so buying that attachment for my next project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sweet Sassy!!" to quote you! That looks A.MAY. ZING. love it!!! It looks very expensive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! What a difference! I can't wait to see it in person. Nice work, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is great!!! Love the change!!! and yes, i can definitely relate to the claw that comes from spray painting. Just spray painted some frames myself and had a sore hand all day. They look perfect, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete