Friday, March 2, 2012

Favorite Finds

In a time when Pinterest is our main source of inspiration, I wanted to highlight some of the lovelies that I have found on my trips to the store. Some items are purely eye-candy. Some have been added to my home wish list (hint, hint Ben). While others couldn't help but to have found their way into Mi Casita.

Edison Pendant Light 
Allen + Roth 
I immediately fell for this gorgeous light in the aisles of Lowes. I literally gasped. It is a stunning statement piece that I want. I can't decide if it is "my style" or if it fits in with the rest of our home decor, but that doesn't change my feeling about it. A girl can dream, right?


Feather Wreaths
JoAnn Fabrics
(Original $39.99, Clearance $9.99)
Hello, can you say "Super Steal"?! I have to admit that the large red clearance sign that was beneath these beauties was the first to catch my eye, but it was the unexpected texture and hues that had me returning to them before I left the store. I almost put the teal one in my shopping cart, but I couldn't think of where to use it. They didn't seem like outdoor wreaths, but I couldn't think of where to put it inside my home. Until now...as I type this, I think that it would have been perfect above my mantle on my fireplace. Ugh! I doubt it will still be there. The horror - a super steal is lost...

Decorative appliques

Admit it. Your eyes were drawn to the bright red clearance stickers. THEN the adorable flowers. It's okay. I did the same thing. But after gawking at the $1 (and change) price tag and forcing myself to put back the other 4 that i had grabbed off the shelf, my mind was swirling with ideas for these pieces. Head bands? Hair clips? All it would take is a drop of hot glue on a simple clip or band. I can't help but smile when I think of Maddie's curls tucked under these pieces. 

Quartz Surface Countertops 
Allen+Roth
Lowes
Over the few months, we have been slowly updating our kitchen. We have lived in our home for almost 4 years now. The kitchen was never my favorite, but Ben has resigned to letting me do pretty much what I want to make our house a home. He really is amazing. He has few opinions about what I do. As long as it isn't too much money and it is cost effective. Same thing, right? Yeah, that's what I was thinking when he asked me to submit my expenditure proposal along with the cost benefit analysis with respect to my latest kitchen reno ideas. Okay, that may have been a bit of a dramatization, but we do consult on large home projects. The countertops are our next big venture in the home. I struggle to tie in different textures, patterns and styles so picking out counters that compliment our current tile (not tackling that project), current cabinets (while being flexible for updating with paint later on), and stainless steel appliances is challenging to me. I tend to be very literal which can translate into matchy-matchy. Nevertheless, I really like this texture and detail. Now will the price be cost prohibitive? Add it to the wish list!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion, Suzie! We are planning on keeping our current faucet since we upgraded it last year. We have been slowly upgrading the appliances and items that we would keep in the space.

    ReplyDelete